Monday, September 04, 2006

(No) Labor Day


Happy Labor Day! I hope everyone out there who normally does no labor feels guilt today. I doubt anyone who is un-or-underemployed considers their parasitic behavior abnormal or immoral throughout the year. But today, maybe, they will realize how pitiful and pathetic they really are.

The unemployment rate in central Virginia is about 2.5%, considerably lower than the national rate of 4.7% (last I looked). I see people on the streetcorners holding signs that say "WILL WORK FOR FOOD" and "HOMELESS-KIDS-WIFE-PLEASE HELP" Try offering the next person you see with a sign like this lunch at McDonald's in exchange for some small, menial task. Or just the lunch with no strings attached. Most likely the bum (as we called them when I was a kid) will make an excuse, and if he is really bold, will ask for money anyway. I also see people swiping "EBT" (Electronic Benefit Transfer, or "Electronic Benefit Plunder") in the grocery store. How is taking from me and my family legal? If the government did not do it, it would be called ROBBERY!

My labor day message as a bumper sticker:

Work Harder! Millions on welfare are depending on YOU!


No comments: