Friday, September 19, 2008

Grease Your Own Damn Gears

I can not tolerate the economic stupidity any longer. Bailout after bloody bailout. Where does it all end? If dissent is the highest form of patriotism, as the lefties have reminded us for the past eight years, then I call myself a high patriot.

My wife and I used to have an ARM. We refinanced before the ARM went up. We sold our old home, and bought a new one. We refinanced again to get a lower rate. No government assistance was needed. With this new policy, why should we work to pay for our mortgages? Why should we pay for anything? Let Uncle Sucker pay for it all.

I had a small business for about a year and a half. Due to several factors at that time, the business was not successful. I did not ask for a bailout. I shut down and moved on. I found a new job, and started making money again. No government assistance was needed.

GOVERNMENT IS NOT THE SOLUTION. IT IS THE PROBLEM.

Where is responsible (read: Conservative) fiscal and monetary policy to be found? Certainly not in President Bush's comments that these illegal and unconstitutional bailouts will provide "grease for the gears" of the economy. We are, once again, kicking the can down the road. I have likened the president's affection for spending to the habits of drunken sailors. I will no longer insult drunken sailors by making such comparisons.

Mr. President: The president is commander-in-chief of the military, not the economy. You had the right idea in reducing taxes, but throwing wads of cash around to companies (and individuals) who have lost all their capital by being stupid is not only stupid itself, but a dangerous Marxist redistribution of wealth

This is not grease. This is a monkey wrench chased down with a few shovelfuls of gravel.

No comments: