Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Real Number of Uninsured in America, or Big Brother is Watching Me

I disconnected SiteMeter from this blog several months ago due to technical difficulties at their end. Just the other day, I was curious about who was reading my dreck. So I re-installed the site meter code.

To my surprise, I was getting hits from all over the place. AARP, the Pentagon, and the U.S. House of Representatives had all stopped by to read this post, titled "Breaking Down the '47 Million Uninsured People in America' Number." I found that as of yesterday, this blog was #3 on Google for the search terms "real number uninsured." I have since dropped a few, but I am still on the first page as of this morning. Astonishing. A little blog I created for my own amusement (with little readership outside of a few friends) hits #3 for search terms pertaining to the current national political debate.

I am happy with the minor success, but I must credit Mark Levin. His book, Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto provided a great breakdown of the information used to create the illusion of 47 million uninsured Americans. I only added his footnotes as links in my blog post.

The creepy part of reaching #3 on google: The visit from House.gov was number 1,984. Is that an omen?

No comments: