Here is a rundown of Missouri's laws:
- English is the Official Language.
- No sanctuary for illegal aliens.
- No state benefits for illegal aliens.
- Proof of citizenship or resident status require for state benefits or driver's license.
- No bail for those believed to be illegal aliens.
- Transport of illegal aliens into Missouri is prohibited.
- Law enforcement officers shall inquire citizenship status of those arrested for other crimes.
- Businesses are prohibited from employing illegal aliens.
- No in-state tuition aid for illegal aliens.
The author contends that Missouri is not a "portal" like Arizona, and the Obama administration is not concerned with protecting rights, as it claims, but with keeping the "portal" open to the locust swarm of illegal aliens crossing into our country on a daily basis. All in the name of votes:
So, why should the Arizona law be unpalatable when Missouri's was never worth challenging? The Department of Homeland Security estimated Arizona's illegal population at 560,000 in 2008, while the Pew Hispanic Center estimates between 400 and 450 thousand back in 2005. Pew's 2005 estimates for Missouri were between 35 and 65, so Arizona's illegal population is larger than Missouri's by about a factor of ten. 560,000 potentially new Democratic Party Voters and union members!
So, last year a quarter of a million people came in through Arizona. Where did they go? Everywhere, and that is why the Obama Administration is desperate to prevent Arizona's law from working.
One leg of Obama's plan to Democratic political hegemony, to a new New Deal, rests on opening the nation wide. What happened in Missouri is small potatoes, because the important thing is to get these people here, not to protect their rights. Unhappy illegals can leave Missouri for Illinois and prosper. PEW's estimate for Illinois in 2005 was anywhere between 375-425 thousand illegals - ten times the number in Missouri - and that before the new laws were enacted. The worry is not about civil rights, but about keeping the flood of invading peoples coming.
Transforming America, one illegal alien at a time. Like everything this fool president and his cabal of evil do and have done, this is designed for one purpose: the cementing of power by creating chaos to necessitate further government expansion and control.