Monday, August 30, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Louisianans’ severe disapproval of Obama overall, 35-61, mirrors their disdain for his efforts in the cleanup, 32-61. George W. Bush’s handling of Hurricane Katrina, by contrast, is viewed barely negatively, 44-47; the response in June, 34-58, was more in line with Obama’s, 32-62. A full 54% now think Bush did a better job dealing with crisis than Obama, who gets the vote of only 33%. Considering the shift in the electorate, that is little if any change from the 50-35 divide in June. 24% of Democrats still prefer Bush’s response; the small set of independents go for him, 47-30, after favoring Obama, 41-37, two months ago.Oopsie.
In his exclusive "live" 2-minute interview tonight with Brian Williams, President Obama referred to himself at least 7 times, according to my semi-accurate count. He also told Mr. Williams, while reassuring people that he is a Christian, that "I can't spend all my time with my birth certificate plastered to my forehead." When the President speaks in this fashion, off-prompter and off-point, he comes across as a douche.
I counted at least 29 self-references in the President's 20 minute speech this afternoon at Xavier University.
Perhaps his polling numbers would be better were he not such a narcissist.
NB: the crowd on the right side is just as large as the crowd on the left. The right side crowd was lucky enough to be in the shade of the many trees there.
Here is part of Nile Gardner's column in the UK Telegraph:
Boosted by the presence of charismatic former Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin, the “Restoring Honor” event organised by talk show host Glenn Beck was a huge success, and a tremendous demonstration of the power of conservatism in America today. It was all the more remarkable for the fact that this was a distinctly non-party political rally which did not feature a single serving politician. The Republican Party itself had no involvement in the proceedings. It was an impressive display by a broader conservative movement that has gained tremendous momentum over the past 18 months. Although this was not a Tea Party rally, large numbers of Tea Party supporters took part, reflecting the rise of a rapidly growing movement spurred by widespread public disillusionment with the Big Government agenda of the Obama administration.
The large numbers who turned out defied an intensely hostile and negative media campaign that attacked the decision to hold the event on the 47th anniversary of Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream Speech” as a cynical political gimmick. They proved their critics spectacularly wrong. Significantly, Dr. King’s niece, Alveda King, spoke at the rally, which she described earlier as “a celebration of who we are as a nation and a chance to stop for a moment, reflect, reorganize, and re-energize. It’s a chance to think about character; both our character as a nation and our character as individuals.”
Yesterday’s Washington rally was in many ways an historic event, one that successfully honored the patriotism, sacrifice, and the principles that have made the United States the great nation it is. It was a symbol of the strength not only of conservatism but of democracy and freedom in America, and a powerful salute to the men and women of America’s military who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan and the wider war against al-Qaeda.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
1. Freeze all federal hiring, this includes funding requests from the executive branch to hire.
2. Repeal the Budget Act of 1974 and all it’s contingent COLA “mandates” no matter the agency or program they are applicable to.
3. Freeze under threat of rescinding funding any and all new regulations currently under review or consideration
4. Have an up or down vote on a Declaration of War with Iraq and with Afghanistan. if either fails then troop withdrawals must begin immediately.
5. Pass the Private Property Restoration Act which among other things shall forbid any federal magistrate from hearing any cases to restrict use of private property.
6. Repeal the AMT permanently by statute.
7. Repeal the capital gains tax.
8. Refuse to fund the Education Department and the Department of Energy, any programs, grants projects or construction begun under these agencies must cease. The EPA’s charter must be rewritten to make it clear that it only has jurisdiction over federal and or territorial waters and land. [The EPA can be eliminated by executive order, and should be.]
9. Repeal ObamaCare and all contingent legislation. Congress must then use legitimate Commerce Clause powers to “make commerce regular” and remove from the tax code all subsidies, all claims of tax credit, any and all restrictions federal law imposes on the sale or use of major medical health insurance. This must include federal recognition of PPO, HMO or other plans created to satisfy Congress.
10. Repeal the FICA and sunset the program by Jan 1, 2030. Establish a cutoff date for continued payment eligibility such as born on or before December 31, 1959.
11. Repeal the Patriot Act of 2001, 2005 and sunset the Department of Homeland Security on or before December 31, 2012.
12. Repeal all mandates, taxes and law pertaining to the SCHIP program.
13. Announce the return of U.S. Gold and Silver bullion coins as legal tender and order the treasury to begin the purchase of bullion with the intent of eliminating paper currency in favor of gold and silver coin and gold and silver coin backed notes.
14. Pass the Debt Consolidation and Repayment Act. This Act will require the sale of all lands currently “owned” by the U.S. government which do not house “needful buildings, docks, arsenals, forts and magazines”. This is not limited to “Parks” and “National forests”. All proceeds are to be solely applicable to the repayment of the U.S. Governments outstanding debts both domestic and foreign.
15. End the federal tax designations enacted and known as 501 (c), (g), 503, 527 e.g. “non-profits”.
16. Repeal the “Income tax withholding act” and enact an immediate and deduction free, flat income tax law, payable once per year by each citizen.
17. Repeal all corporate and business interest, income and profit taxation.
18. Heed the call of 38 states that shall call a convention to amend the Constitution under Article V of the U.S. Constitution.
Mr. Church admits that this is not an exhaustive list. I would add (as part of an Article V convention or on its own) the repeal of Amendment XVII, the direct election of Senators by the people.
Wake up and swallow the founder's red pill. Your country needs you.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Of course, Barry would replace Washington on the single! Notice the fine outline of the ObamaLogo? Notice also the ObamaBlue color. Other note designs include an indian teepee ($5), the bill of rights ($10), and the hero of the left, FDR, on the C-note. The designer says the vertical format reflects the way we handle our money - our current horizontal design is seen sideways when one takes a fiat note out of one's wallet. With the new design, we can see Dear Leader's shining countenance in its proper orientation. Another ingenious feature of the new design is the size of each denomination. While the short side is the same as our present fiat money, each denomination has a different length. Like the old Disney World A-B-C-D-E tickets, the one is shortest, and the $100 the longest.
This design looks easy enough for anyone with a high quality color printer to counterfeit. Why should the Federal Reserve have all the fun?
Thursday, August 26, 2010
I do not advocate the government intervening in this issue. Those who oppose the 9-11 Victory Mosque, I am certain, feel the way I do. This is not a property rights issue. But since the subject has been brought up...
What about the St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, which was destroyed on 9/11? It has not been rebuilt due to government red tape. And yet, this mosque has been fast-tracked for approval and construction. Maybe the Muslim population is under-served in New York City. Let's check Google Maps for "mosque new york city":
View Larger Map
Well, so much for Muslims being under served by mosques in NYC. I wonder how many churches and synagogues are in Riyadh...
The dummy Mayor Michael Bloomberg has said that we should not question where the financing for this mosque comes from, and that they have the "right" to build on this property. This is the same mayor who wants to regulate salt, fat, and tobacco in NYC, not to mention terrorize gun shop owners in VA with his goons.
So let's talk about tolerance. Christians and Jews are tolerant of other religions. Americans are tolerant of foreigners. But try to read the Bible or Torah on the street in a Muslim nation, and you would be lucky to only have it taken away from you. If you are a woman, try driving a car, or even walking down the same street in your western clothing - you would be lucky to escape with some spit in your face. Perhaps it would be acid instead. They require 4 male eyewitnesses for a rape conviction. They cut off hands of thieves, bury homosexual people up to their necks to stone them to death, and all sorts of other "tolerant" things. And don't forget that Cat Stevens (whatever the hell his post-Muslim-conversion name is) called for the beheading of Salman Rushdie for writing The Satanic Verses. Don't forget Daniel Pearl.
Here's some video of tolerance on display by pro-Mosque protesters. Pay close attention to the 3:55 mark:
The "Israeli national" finally caught after multiple stabbing attacks against black men in 3 states? An Arab, and a Muslim.
The man who stabbed and slashed a Muslim cabbie? A leftist "visual arts" major college student involved in a pro-mosque group! What?
Here is a page of audio clips where Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the leader of the effort to build a mosque near the site of the 9/11 terror attacks in New York, reveals his radicalism. A highlight:
"We tend to forget, in the West, that the United States has more Muslim blood on its hands than al Qaida has on its hands of innocent non Muslims. You may remember that the US-led sanctions against Iraq led to the death of over half a million Iraqi children. This has been documented by the United Nations. And when Madeleine Albright, who has become a friend of mine over the last couple of years, when she was Secretary of State and was asked whether this was worth it, said it was worth it."Islam is an exclusive religion. Other religions are not tolerated in Muslim controlled areas and nations, and Sharia law is required by the Koran to be THE law wherever Muslims are in the majority. To my mind, the only difference between the Islamic terrorists and run-of-the-mill fundamental Muslims is the method used to achieve Sharia law.
In the name of tolerance, perhaps I should restate my position in more tolerant terms. Go build it somewhere else - you may want to keep Hell on the short list. This is why I oppose the Mosque at the WTC site:
The World Trade Center should be rebuilt. It would be especially nice to rebuild the site as close as possible to the original plan, with two towers. We should not be stuck with a hole in the ground for going on ten years.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Sunday, August 15, 2010
The landing gear from the plane "piloted" by Atta actually fell into this building.
If constructed, this mosque will be a symbol of Islamic conquest of the Great Satan.
Go build it in hell, you flea-bitten bastard sons of whores
Friday, August 13, 2010
1. The Obama presidency is out of touch with the American people.
2. Most Americans don’t have confidence in the president’s leadership.
3. Obama fails to inspire.
4. The United States is drowning in debt.
5. Obama’s Big Government message is falling flat.
6. Obama’s support for socialised health care is a huge political mistake.
7. Obama’s handling of the Gulf oil spill has been weak-kneed and indecisive.
8. US foreign policy is an embarrassing mess under the Obama administration.
9. President Obama is muddled and confused on national security.
10. Obama doesn’t believe in American greatness.
While #4 is not the exclusive domain of President Obama, a fact he and his surrogates like to point out ad nauseum, this administration has doubled-tripled-quadrupled-down on the debt with their massive spending and entitlement increases.
The most damning, and at the same time revealing, point is number 10. Here is the author's expansion in full, and the closing:
Barack Obama has made it clear that he doesn’t believe in American exceptionalism, and has made apologising for his country into an art form. In a speech to the United Nations last September he stated that “no one nation can or should try to dominate another nation. No world order that elevates one nation or group of people over another will succeed. No balance of power among nations will hold.” It is difficult to see how a US president who holds these views and does not even accept America’s greatness in history can actually lead the world’s only superpower with force and conviction.
There is a distinctly Titanic-like feel to the Obama presidency and it’s not hard to see why. The most left-wing president in modern American history has tried to force a highly interventionist, government-driven agenda that runs counter to the principles of free enterprise, individual freedom, and limited government that have made the United States the greatest power in the world, and the freest nation on earth.
This, combined with weak leadership both at home and abroad against the backdrop of tremendous economic uncertainty in an increasingly dangerous world, has contributed to a spectacular political collapse for a president once thought to be invincible. America at its core remains a deeply conservative nation, which cherishes its traditions and founding principles. President Obama is increasingly out of step with the American people, by advancing policies that undermine the United States as a global power, while undercutting America’s deep-seated love for freedom.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
“Elena Kagan is seen by many political figures on both sides of the aisle as a person of keen intellect and unvarnished integrity, who respects the law and precedent. By confirming her today, the U.S. Senate rejected the extremism of the National Rifle Association, which strongly opposed her. The NRA bosses not only argued against her confirmation, but also advertised against it, and indicated they would ‘score’ Senators on their votes.
“But even nine Senators rated 'A' by the NRA stood up to the gun lobby and voted to confirm her.
“With Ms. Kagan’s background as an advisor and legal counselor to former President Clinton, and her experience as the dean of Harvard Law School, the Supreme Court is welcoming a justice who will respect judicial precedent and one who recognizes that reasonable gun regulations can save lives.
“The Brady Campaign was proud to endorse Elena Kagan and support her confirmation against the determined opposition of the NRA. We look forward to her service on our nation's highest court.”
Here are some important corrections to this statement:
- Kagan's intellect and integrity are questionable at best. To wit: Citizens United, in which she demonstrated her ignorance of the Supreme Court's role, and the banning of military recruiters at Harvard, while at the same time establishing a Sharia Law studies center, during a time of war with islamo-fascist terrorists.
- "...who respects law and precedent." See Senator Coburn's questioning during confirmation hearing about fruits and vegetables. Kagan could not answer that Federal power is limited by the Constitution.
- The Senate did not reject extremism, they endorsed it. They know Kagan will be a reliable rubber stamp for the ObamAgenda.
- "...nine Senators rated "A" by the NRA...voted to confirm her." Like Jim "Melonhead" Webb, A-NRA, who has also voted for every other ObamAgenda item. Webb was recently heard asking if anyone had seen his pistol.
- Heller and McDonald are now precedent. Stare decisis, beotches!
- Reasonable gun regulations DO save lives. See Amendment II.
- Add the prefix "dis" in front of the word "service."