1. The Obama presidency is out of touch with the American people.
2. Most Americans don’t have confidence in the president’s leadership.
3. Obama fails to inspire.
4. The United States is drowning in debt.
5. Obama’s Big Government message is falling flat.
6. Obama’s support for socialised health care is a huge political mistake.
7. Obama’s handling of the Gulf oil spill has been weak-kneed and indecisive.
8. US foreign policy is an embarrassing mess under the Obama administration.
9. President Obama is muddled and confused on national security.
10. Obama doesn’t believe in American greatness.
While #4 is not the exclusive domain of President Obama, a fact he and his surrogates like to point out ad nauseum, this administration has doubled-tripled-quadrupled-down on the debt with their massive spending and entitlement increases.
The most damning, and at the same time revealing, point is number 10. Here is the author's expansion in full, and the closing:
Barack Obama has made it clear that he doesn’t believe in American exceptionalism, and has made apologising for his country into an art form. In a speech to the United Nations last September he stated that “no one nation can or should try to dominate another nation. No world order that elevates one nation or group of people over another will succeed. No balance of power among nations will hold.” It is difficult to see how a US president who holds these views and does not even accept America’s greatness in history can actually lead the world’s only superpower with force and conviction.
There is a distinctly Titanic-like feel to the Obama presidency and it’s not hard to see why. The most left-wing president in modern American history has tried to force a highly interventionist, government-driven agenda that runs counter to the principles of free enterprise, individual freedom, and limited government that have made the United States the greatest power in the world, and the freest nation on earth.
This, combined with weak leadership both at home and abroad against the backdrop of tremendous economic uncertainty in an increasingly dangerous world, has contributed to a spectacular political collapse for a president once thought to be invincible. America at its core remains a deeply conservative nation, which cherishes its traditions and founding principles. President Obama is increasingly out of step with the American people, by advancing policies that undermine the United States as a global power, while undercutting America’s deep-seated love for freedom.